Cupid, draw back your bow January 26, 2007Posted by sneaks in adult, display topics, DVDs, winter.
For a grown-up Valentine’s Day display, pick your fiction by color – a table or rack full of pink, white, and red books is bound to deliver the message: romance starts here!
Or for something a little different, pull your dessert cookbooks and add in some “date movie” DVD’s.
Click “more” for lists of movies and nonfiction that will make for a super-romantic evening!
- Before Sunrise / Before Sunset – Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy
- Bridget Jones: the edge of reason – Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth, Hugh Grant
- Brokeback Mountain – Jake Gyllenhaal, Heath Ledger
- Casanova - Heath Ledger, Sienna Miller
- Failure to Launch – Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew McConaughey
- Finding Neverland – Johnny Depp, Kate Winslet
- The Illusionist – Edward Norton, Jessica Biel
- Just My Luck – Lindsay Lohan, Chris Pine
- The Lake House – Sandra Bullock, Keanu Reeves
- Last Holiday – Queen Latifah
- The Legend of Zorro – Catherine Zeta-Jones, Antonio Banderas
- Must Love Dogs – Diane Lane, John Cusack
- The Notebook – Ryan Gosling, Rachel McAdams
- The Princess Bride – Robin Wright Penn, Cary Elwes
- Tristan + Isolde – Sophia Myles, Rufus Sewell
Perfect light desserts: fabulous cakes, cookies, pies, and more made with real butter, sugar, flour, and eggs, all under 300 calories per generous serving by Nick Malgieri and David Joachim. 641.86 M
The New York Times dessert cookbook, edited by Florence Fabricant. 641.86 N
The sweet life: desserts from Chanterelle by Kate Zuckerman. 641.86 Z
One cake, one hundred desserts: learn one foolproof cake recipe and make one hundred desserts by Greg Case and Keri Fisher. 641.8 C
The all-American dessert book by Nancy Baggett. 641.86 B
Dessert university: more than 300 spectacular recipes and essential lessons from White House pastry chef Roland Mesnier by Roland Mesnier with Lauren Chattman. 641.86 M
The essence of chocolate: recipes for baking and cooking with fine chocolate by John Scharffenberger and Robert Steinberg with Ann Krueger Spivack and Susie Heller. 641.6374 S
The chocolate connoisseur: for everyone with a passion for chocolate by Chloé Doutre-Roussel. 641.3374 D
Chocolate chocolate by Lisa Yockelson. 641.6374 Y
The New interCourses: an aphrodisiac cookbook by Martha Hopkins and Randall Lockridge. 641.563 H